How To Set Up Omnisend Integration
Instructions on how to set up an integration with Omnisend
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
In order to integrate with Omnisend you need to have the following apps installed:
- Growave (Growth and higher plans)
NOTE: All of the emails that you would like to be sent via Omnisend should be enabled in our Admin Panel.
First, you need to set up Omnisend:
1) Make sure that your website is connected to Omnisend:
2) Prepare email templates:
- Review request Download
- Wishlist - products in stock Download
- Wishlist - products on sale Download
- Wishlist - products are waiting Download
- Rewards - birthday reward Download
- Rewards - earned points Download
- Rewards - friend received referral Download
- Rewards - points expiration Download
- Rewards - reached tier Download
- Rewards - redeem reward Download
- Rewards - referral completed Download
Download these files (for convenience, transfer them into a separate folder)
3) Go to Omnisend's admin panel in the store settings section:
Then in Settings choose the "Saved templates" section:
Press the "Import template" button:
and choose "Import HTML":
Name the template by file's title and press "Browse":
Choose the suitable file:
and press "Upload":
After that you will see this template in the Saved Templates:
Repeat the following steps (choosing and saving the template) for all the templates.
4) Next, let's start creating segments and setting up audience filters
Since custom events are used, users who have unsubscribed from the mailing list will still receive notifications as stated in the Omnisend documentation.
If you don’t want to send messages to Unsubscribed users, you have to add an Audience filter and apply it to all Automation workflows to exclude unsubscribers.
1) Go to the "Audience" page > click on 'Create a segment':
2) Create a segment
5) Now let's start creating a workflow
Go to the "Automation" section and press "New workflow":
Click on "Custom workflow":
Set up a trigger, press the trigger block, and choose the exact event (in this case it's "growave-review-request"):
Set the 'Audience filter' you created earlier:
Set the ‘Exit conditions’:
Choose the email template, to do this drag and drop the Email block to the "+" button:
Set a "Subject line" and "Preheader" (they will be displayed in the letter later):
Now let's choose the email template, press the "Edit content" button:
Choose one of the Growave HTML template:
Confirm the changes in the popup window:
Click on the “Change template” link from the drop-down menu:
Click on the “Saved templates” tab and choose the template:
Confirm choosing a new template:
Click on the “Finish editing” button:
Name your workflow:
Start the workflow:
Create a workflow for each of the remaining notifications using instructions above.
( 1 for each pairing event - email template)
6) After creating all workflows, you need to create an API key, to do that go to Store settings-> Integrations & API -> API keys and Create one. You can find more details in the following guide.
Copy API key
Then in Growave's Admin panel go from the "Settings" tab to the "Integrations" section:
Enable Omnisend, click on 'Settings':
Insert the API key in this field:
Click on Settings:
Enable the needed notifications:
Omnisend: How to use variables. - in this guide, you can find the available variables.
Save the changes!
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated Omnisend.
If something doesn’t work out or you still have questions, please contact us, we will be happy to help you 😊.