You can set up and test Growave features before making them available to your customers. Let's imagine, first, that you'd like to install our widgets into the unpublished theme, learn the logic, and then launch Growave.
Let's explore how to set it up 🤗.
How do themes work and how to manage them?
A theme is a template in Shopify that defines the way your online store looks and feels. Different themes have different styles and layouts and offer different experiences for your customers.
You may add up to 20 themes to your online store. Only one theme can be published at a time. A published theme is the theme that customers see when they visit your online store. Your published theme appears in the Current Theme section of the Themes page, and your unpublished themes appear in the Theme Library section of the Shopify admin panel. Learn more about managing themes in Shopify from these guides.
Loyalty & Rewards
Please note that even though we integrate our apps into an unpublished theme, our Rewards app is active and works on every theme, on the backend.
So if you are not ready to launch your Rewards program yet and don't want your customers to earn points/discounts, you can disable the Rewards app and all its notifications OR just limit the participation of your customers in the Rewards program.
1. Disable the Rewards program
In case you'd like just to disable the program please go to the Rewards app section. You should disable each of the three Reward programs:
As for Rewards notifications, you may go to their respective section in the admin panel and disable the emails using the toggle next to each email notification:
2. Limit the Rewards program
Alternatively, you can change the settings of the Rewards app, so that only certain users (for example your team members) will be able to participate in the program while you are testing it. You can set it up from the Rewards program Settings:
We recommend you disable and then edit & set up the Review Request Emails while you're testing Growave since they can be sent out to the users who complete their purchases (this email works on the backend).
1) To disable the Reviews Request emails, please go to the Review section in the General setting of the Admin panel. Check the box 'Activate New Review Notifications'.
2) Once you have disabled notifications, you can work and edit them without worries.
❗Don't forget to set up to send a Review request email immediately once the order is marked 'paid' and 'fulfilled', so you can immediately see the results.
But do not turn on the email until you're fully done with the setup of all other features (for the test).
In case all the points are fulfilled, you may easily test the Growave app.
1) Wishlist reminders, there is no need to disable them. These notifications are sent out only based on customers' activities in-store and the product updates in Shopify. Learn more
2) Instagram galleries and Social login icons are integrated into your store and function only with customers' engagement in-store. They work based on which theme you have installed them (only storefront).
Testing Growave features
Here is a short video on how to test the Rewards program and Reviews on the unpublished theme.
1. Before you place a test order, please enable payment test mode in Shopify.
2. As for the Wishlist, it works on the front and there is no need to limit it only to you. Just check the integration of Wishlist icons and buttons, go to the Wishlist page (your domain/pages/wishlist), and test how the Wishlist tab works.