Excluding discount codes on sale items with the help of Power Tools
The following guide describes how to exclude the discount code if the product or collection is already on sale.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Have you ever faced the issue when discount codes apply to the item even if it's on sale? No worries, we have a solution for you and you will find the details in this article.
1) Firstly, open your Shopify Admin -> Products section. Here select all the products and click on 'Add tags':
2) Create a tag, i.e. "normal" and click 'Save':
3) Then, open the 'Collections' section and click on 'Create collection':
4) You can name it 'On sale', then select 'Compare at price is greater than 1' in the conditions:
5) Create another collection for the products that are not on sale, you can name it "Not On Sale" and the condition should be 'Product tag is equal to normal':
6) Now go to the Shopify App Store and install the Power Tools Bulk Edit Tags (the price is free) app:
7) Open the Power Tools and select the following settings as shown on the screenshot below and click 'Run':
8) Go to the Growave Admin and create a discount, or make sure the conditions are the same for already created ones. Choose a 'Selected collection' and enter the 'Not on sale' tag:
9) Now when you apply the code on the product that is on sale, the following message will be displayed:
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions 😊.