How to choose criteria when creating a VIP tier
Learn more about VIP tier criterias and how to set them up
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
When creating a tier it's crucial to decide according to which of the available options to assign a tier.
There are 3 criteria: Points earned, Purchases made and Amount spent.
1. With the Earn points criteria given, customers get the tiers for the amount of earned points. I.e. member gets the Bronze tier for earning/having 5000 points:
Please note that we count the total points amount the customer has gained for the shop activity.
Points are not taken into account in the range calculation:
- when the customer balance was manually changed
- the points were imported
- points were spent for a discount
- the discount was refunded
NOTE: If a customer has received points for the order, in case of a refund points will be deducted and it will also affect the VIP Tier status.
2. The Spent amount criteria allows customers to get the tiers for spending a specified amount of money on your site. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for spending $70 at your store:
3. Setting up the Purchases made criteria you let your customers achieve the tiers for the specified amount of purchases they made. I.e. member achieves the Bronze tier for making 10 purchases on your site:
Don't forget to set up the points multiplier in every tier.
NOTION: The criteria for earning the tier can be chosen only once and works for all of them. So, if you want to change the criteria later, you have to delete all the existing tiers and create new ones which lead to the loss of customers earned and multiplied points.
Since it makes it difficult to estimate different criteria at the same time, it was decided to keep one criterion for giving tiers to avoid confusion. Speaking of the terms, it's worth mentioning not only the criteria to give tier but also rewarding for reaching them. When adding a new tier it is possible to choose no reward, Points, and discounts as a reward for the tier, then choose their value. When editing the existing tier it is not possible to change either the criteria to give or the rewarding type once set, but only the value of the rewarding type (both for points and discounts). For more, check out this guide.
The tracking point for assigning tiers can be set up from the General settings:
You may choose to track users from the moment the First order was made (the first order customer has ever made on your shop), From the past year (it will track the activities starting from the January of the current year. Let's say today is the 31st of August 2022, in case you select this option, then the activities made from the 1st January of 2022 will be counted).
As for the Specific date, you may choose the date from which the program will be activated.
For more details be sure to contact our team at email@example.com ✨.