Learn more about points expiration
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of point expiration?
When customers are not given any restrictions on when they may redeem their Loyalty points, they have no reason to accumulate a certain amount within a given time frame — meaning they are not particularly motivated to make additional purchases in the near future.
That’s why we’ve implemented this feature, the main benefit of which is to involve customers in shopping!
If you have a date when points expire, your customers will be motivated to come back and to continue purchasing from you.
But if points don’t expire, consumers won't have an extrinsic motivation to shop with you again.
How to set a point expiration date in Growave app?
Let’s go to the Dashboard and choose the Rewards app and set a points expiration time for your members:
Enable this function and choose the expiration time.
Please be informed about the next conditions:
- If you have set 100 days and after 10 days changed the setting to 50? Then the countdown will continue from the initial activation of this setting.
- If you have set 100 days, disabled the setting, and then reactivated it again, in this case, the countdown will start from the moment the setting was enabled again.
- The expiration date applies to a total amount of points and gets updated every time a customer completes new activity on your store.
For example, if a customer earns X points, which are about to expire in X days, but one week later he leaves a review (i.e. completes an activity) and earns X more points, he will then have X points in total, which will be expired in another X days, as the expiration date got updated:
1) Customer John earned 1000 points on January 1, 2022.
2) Points Expiration is enabled and the expiration period is set for 365 days.
3) John’s 1000 points will expire on January 1, 2023
4) If John earns 100 points on December 31, 2022, his whole balance (1000 + 100 = 1100 points) will expire on December 31, 2023.
We would recommend you remind your customers about the expiration date. Here you can set the preferred period of time before expiration to your notification:
That is it! Hope it was clear and interesting :) If not, please contact us and we'll gladly help you with your requests and questions.