Import Wishlist data into Growave: Quick Guide
In this article, you’ll learn how to import your customers’ wish lists if you’re migrating from any Shopify app to the Growave app.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you're thinking of using Growave's Wishlist feature and want to seamlessly transfer your data from another app within the Shopify platform, we've got you covered. Here is a quick guide to importing your data into our app to keep your customers’ wish lists with favorite products, power them with Growave buying triggers and increase sales.
Quick import of Wishlist data with a CSV file
To import your customers’ wish lists into the Growave app please follow these steps:
Step 1. Prepare a CSV file for import
Here are the Growave requirements for the CSV file with customers’ wish lists:
- ‘customer_id’ or ‘customer_email’ - your customers’ IDs or their emails (at least one column to be filled in);
- ‘product_id’ or ‘product_handle’ - your products’ IDs or products’ handles (at least one column to be filled in).
- ‘variant’ - a chosen variant of a wished product (if none, the first variant_id of the product will be used);
- ‘date’ - the date when a product was added to a wish list (if none "present date" will be used).
💡 Tip: What is a product handle and how to find it? A product handle is a unique name for each product in Shopify stores and can be found in the product page’s URL. For example, for a product with the page URL https://yourstore.myshopify.com/products/your-product, the product handle will be “your-product”.
How to find the product handle:
- Export a product catalog from your Shopify store and you will see all product handles of your products. Check how to export products in Shopify Help Center.
- Alternatively, you can find product handles in your export files with questions from other apps you used before.
Open this sample CSV file → make a copy of this sheet → edit/add your data → download it in CSV format:
💡Important: Read the full specs for a CSV file
💡Important: Validation and Revert
Validation. After you start importing data the validation process will be initiated, after its completion you will see how many records are passed through validation, and how many records will not be imported - check the validation report file. It is possible to either refuse the import - upload another file, or continue import with records that have passed validation. After the import is completed, the final import report file will be generated, there will be records that did not pass the import. This file is available for download right in the admin panel.
If you face any problems with importing Wishlist data then feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to assist you.