How to tag products (product variants) on photos?
Why tagging products on photos is so important and how to do it?
When a visitor likes an item on the embedded Instagram gallery on your Shopify site, he/she has to search for the liked item throughout the entire store to buy it. And it stops most of them from buying from you.
Tagging products on photos bridges this gap between a purchase desire and actually placing an order. It makes your photos shoppable so visitors can buy the liked items right from pictures in a few clicks.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the dashboard and open your gallery.
2. Click on a photo where you wish to add a link to a product.
3. Start typing your product name in the text field, it shows a drop-down list with matched products, pick the wished one.
4. It shows a drop-down list with matched products, pick the wished one. And if this product has variants, you are able to select which variant you would like to tag.
5. Now drag a spot into the wished image area.
6. Done! If you would like to tag another product on the same photo then repeat step #3.
If you would like to add a link to a web page then read here how to add links on photos.